Thursday, April 16, 2009

Toledo, Spain \ March 28, 29

Madrid was amazing and I would love to spend a hell of a lot more time there but off we go. After hitting up the ‘Big Smoke’ of Madrid it’s time to slow down the pace and enter the medieval walled cited of Toledo. Toledo is one old mother, I’m talkin’ 192 BC things were happening here. UNESCO listed the city as part of World Heritage in 1987. There is defiantly a Venetian feel to this city. Toledo is a labyrinthine of curvy, curly walkways that turn out to be actual roads. Amazing to turn a corner and watch a car squeezed themselves up a lane only an inch bigger than they are. Very cool, hope to get to drive around here.

We stayed and a reasonably nice hotel called the Carlos V. It would appear that our hotel is quite centrally located as it was Mardi Gras loud every night. Not to worry…that’s what ear plugs are for, right? We did get a fantastic breakfast included in the mornings.

The Cathedral is the major attraction in Toledo and I can see why. Quite the little church I must say. I was a bit bummed that we where there on a Sunday but couldn't’t go to the service. I am not Catholic or anything but wow, the Catholic Churches rock, so when we found out that only Spaniards could go to service is was very sad. I should have just gone…I can’t imagine that they have passport control at a church plus I blend in everywhere. My sister even lost me in China when I was standing right next to her. There is something to be said about looking like everyone I guess.

more photos of Toledo

No comments: